samedi 8 mars 2014

Replacing your chair cover DIY / Recouvrir vos chaises

I have been wanting to change our chair cover since we pretty much got them. 
So now that our move is almost over, I decided it was time to do so.

J'ai eu envie de changer le dessus de nos chaises presque depuis qu'on les a acheté. 
Alors maintenant que le déménagement est presque terminé, j'ai décidé qu'il était temps de le faire !

I'm going to sahre with you how to do it.
Alors je partage avec vous aujourd'hui comment le faire.


 Take the right measurements of the seat.
Prenez les dimensions du siège de votre chaise.


I had a plastic fabric on the chair too to protect them a little more.
J'ai utilisé de la toile cirée transparente pour protéger les sièges un peu plus.


Take off the seat from the chair.
Enlevez le siège de la chaise.


Apply the fabric properly on the seat and staple it on the back of the seat.
Appliquez le tissu sur le siège et agrafez le sur le dos du siège.


Use a wall stapler.
Utilisez une agrafeuse murale.



Here is what it is suppose to look like.
Voilà le résultat.


To protect them a little longer, do the same thing with a transparent plastic fabric.
Pour les protéger davantage, faites la même chose avec un tissu en plastique transparent.



And here is your brand new chair.
Et voila votre chaise remise à neuf :)


I love it :)
Je l'adore !

4 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I have some chairs I will need to recover before long, I am sure. They are white fabric, and I have 6 boys at home! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I have a chair I need to do this with but it's not at the top of my DIY list, mostly because I don't know how to do it. Your tutorial gives me confidence. I think I will move it up on my list;) Thank you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. That looks great, I love the colour. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    RépondreSupprimer